Where would you be without your library?

The little M.N. Spear Memorial Library in Shutesbury, Massachusetts came up with a creative way to earn funds for a new library….YouTube!

M.N.Spear Memorial Library
from their website

The state of Massachusetts said they would come up with 60% of the cost of a new building if the town could prove they could raise the other 40% by the end of June. But this town of avid readers was finding that 40% of $3.5 million dollars is a lot of money, so they got a little creative and made a video which has gone viral on YouTube.

According to a Tuesday post on their Facebook page, they’ve raised over $220,000!

Congratulations to them!

Check out their Tumblr here: http://mnspearlibrary.tumblr.com/

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s